Our Work is based on
a simple but powerful goal
Summit Medical Group Foundation is committed to improving access to healthcare for the underserved in our communities, educating and inspiring future healthcare providers, and promoting the courage, confidence and emotional well-being of individuals and their families facing cancer.
- 5,0005,000free medical screening provided to underserved populations. More than 11,000 to date.
- 260,000260,000dollars in scholarships awarded to students pursuing careers in healthcare.
- 6,3756,375free lunches provided to chemotherapy patients in SMG Cancer Centers.
- 70+70+hours of pet therapy offered to chemotherapy patients in SMG Cancer Centers.
- 700700medical staff volunteer hours offered.
- 200+200+high school students participating in Healthcare Professional For A Day programs.
- 1.5 Million1.5 Millionpounds of free produce distributed at local farmers markets as the 2018 Lead Sponsor of The CFBNJ Healthy Family Farmers Markets.
- 800800back-to-school backpacks provided to children affiliated with The Boys & Girls Clubs and our FoodBank partners.
- 3,000+3,000+hours volunteered by medical staff mentoring students in 1-On-1 Shadowing programs.
- 1,000+1,000+toys donated to The Boys & Girls Club of Paterson & Passaic and The Interfaith Food Pantry Of The Oranges.
Real People, Real Stories
How We’re Changing Lives Everyday
- Medical School Is Expensive
- Choose A Job You Love
- Numbers Are Down
- Changing Habits
- Taking Charge Of His Health