Care, Comfort & Compassion
Having outstanding medical treatment is vital to any cancer patient. What’s often overlooked are the elements that lie outside of surgery, radiation or chemotherapy. While the new Summit Medical Group Cancer Center is bringing a higher level of care to patients, the Summit Medical Group Foundation is committed to providing comfort, care and compassion for those same patients and caregivers fighting cancer.
A Compliment to Conventional Therapies
While conventional therapies are helpful for many people, offering a range of additional services allows patients and families to build a comprehensive, whole-person approach that works best for them. SMGF provides multiple resources, from healthy sandwiches to nourish patients to pet therapy bringing comfort and smiles to patients undergoing treatment.
- On-site Resource Center rich with media and books to help patients and caregivers better understand their diagnosis and treatment options.
- Support groups and classes for caregivers, attuned to their emotional well-being and needs.
- Patient navigator dedicated to connecting patients and their families with resources they need, not only at the Summit Medical Group Cancer Center, but also throughout the community. Services include assistance with transportation to treatment, weekends away with other cancer patients or even wigs to help patients gain the confidence needed to stand tall in their fight against cancer.
- Complimentary gourmet deli lunches provided by Bart’s Deli for patients having chemotherapy; coffee, tea, cold beverages, candy and light snacks.
- Activity cart including comfort items for cancer patients, as well as treats and activities for caregivers and family members to participate in. Complimentary items include socks, head scarves, knitted caps, crafts, sudoku, puzzles and holiday decorations.
- “Patient in Need” fund to assist patients and their families with critical, non-medical expenses, easing anxiety to allow them to focus on getting healthy.